Fresh carrots from the farm are sweet and tender even when stored over the winter. Herb Roasted Carrots is a simple recipe that you can enjoy on a busy weekday evening.
Pick up some carrots at the farmers’ market. You may be able to find yellow carrots for more color.
Carrots are nutritious. Most important, carrots are a rich source for beta-carotene and Vitamin A, that helps to prevent some cancers. Carrots have plenty of B Vitamins, folate, and fiber. Eat your carrots.
This recipe from Cooking Light, is easy to make. Combine olive oil, cilantro, parsley, and thyme. Add the carrots and toss to coat. Place the carrots on a foil lined pan and bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
Enjoy this light, delicious and good for you dish.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1½ pounds carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine oil, thyme, salt, pepper, 1½ Tablespoons cilantro, 1½ Tablespoons parsley, and carrots in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Arrange carrot mixture on a foil lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1½ Tablespoons cilantro and 1½ Tablespoons parsley.