Just in time for summer parties, Ricotta Berry Cake. It’ll be eaten up quickly; buy enough ingredients to make a second cake. The berries are starting to show up at the market so grab a few of your favorites. This recipe isn’t particular.
Ricotta Berry Cake is moist and sweet enough. I sprinkled confectioners’ sugar for a little extra sweetness. I think the amount of berries should be doubled. To make up for the amount, crush some berries, heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds and add a small amount of honey. Top each slice with the berries.
This recipe from Climbing Grier Mountain is quick and easy. Bake it in a 9 inch cake pan. Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the eggs, ricotta, vanilla and butter in another bowl. Add the dry to the wet ingredients and fold in the berries and bake.
Ricotta Berry Cake is perfect for the weekend cake. Serve as dessert, breakfast or a snack.
- 1½ cup flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cup whole milk ricotta
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4 Tablespoons of berries
- Confectioners sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9 inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the first four (dry) ingredients. In another large bowl combine eggs, ricotta, vanilla extract, and butter. Slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Once combined, gently fold in the fresh berries, careful not break them. Pour batter into cake pan and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven to cool before slicing and dusting with confectioners sugar.
Optional: smash ¼ cup berries and heat in microwave for about 30 seconds and add 1 Tablespoon of honey. Top slices of cake.